Jane Eyre-along

Time to get over our Bronte issues.

25 July 2006

Schedule

I've been giving it some thought, and it seems like the easiest way to make a "schedule" might be to have a list of dates after which certain parts of the book can be discussed. This way, everyone will have some time to read before seeing spoilers, but people will be able to jump in later or read more slowly if they want to without feeling like we've moved on without them. So, say, we won't discuss Chapter 6 until such-and-such a date, but that doesn't mean that after that date, we're not allowed to talk about chapters 1-5. Does this sound reasonable to everyone?

The main question I have in figuring out these date benchmarks is how quickly you all want to read. There are 38 chapters, and chapters 1, 2, and 38 appear to be particularly short. If we added a chapter every three days, say, it would take between three and four months. That seems a little long. Alternatively, we could add a block of chapters each week. Thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I think a block of chapters would work nicely. And maybe if one is really long, that block will be only one chapter. We could do the first three as a block and then two at a time?

I'm excited! I've not read this book in a few years and it's time again. Plus I got a really pretty illustrated edition from the library. My copy is in storage. :(

-Liz

11:03 PM  
Blogger jessie said...

For me the faster I read it the more likely I am to finish it, so my goal is to get it done by the end of August. Plus, doesn't it have to be done by then to count for the SRP?
A block of chapters is a good idea.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home