Jane Eyre-along

Time to get over our Bronte issues.

31 July 2006

Hello Eyre-Alongers

I'm jessie. I've never read Jane Eyre, although I've long meant to. In fact, I somehow managed to get an English Literature degree without ever having read Jane Eyre the whole way through. I've tried several times, most recently because my mother in law said I had to read it (which probably made me more resistant to reading it if you want to know the truth).
I hope I make it through this time. I know I will enjoy reading it along with you all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hi Jessie! I also managed the English Lit degree without reading Jane Eyre. I read it for the first time in Library school when I was killing time before my 3 pm class and I needed to be there by 9 if I didn't want to troll the parking deck for hours :)

I think you'll definitely make it through this time. It really is a sweet story. Jane can be a bit of a twit and Rochester can be a bit of an ass, but it hey, it's gothic and spooky too!

-Liz, lover of most things Jane Eyre, veteran of many film adaptations, and big lover of the Musical. Sadly I never got to see it live, I just swoon over the cast recording. Perhaps I'll post some lyrics from the first few chapters after the 4th. Though my favorite songs come later.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Kat with a K said...

Hi Jessie! I have an English lit degree without reading it too...

8:16 AM  
Blogger jessie said...

Wow,other English majors! yay!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home